Thursday, March 25th, my new book Living Strong with Cerebral Palsy: The True Story of Amanda Forry-Fino is released. Living Strong with CP was a lot of work to write, so I’m very excited to get it out there. which I began writing on the day following my 27th birthday, and which will be published 13 days before my 31st birthday.
Although some chapters of the book have been challenging for me to write, somehow I managed it. So many people have asked me to write my life and how I live with my Cerebral Palsy, overcoming it. To me, having CP I have to overcome it each day. Writing it was very challenging for me because I knew I never wanted to return to what I had experienced in my past. Essentially, I was motivated to write it because I would like for other people to look at people with disabilities differently. In support of National Cerebral Palsy Awareness Day, I gave away book copies to people who ordered shirts from #cpdreamteam. It bothers me that most of the #cpdreamteam shits were purchased by parents for their children. That’s unfair since my book contains language and content that children or minors might not understand. Leading me to adapt my book to be family-friendly. Having revised the early memories into a revised opening and climax within a few days, the book eventually came into its own, Cerebral Palsy Gal.
- Each of the e-books will be available for .99 cents starting on the 25th of March.
- Living Strong With Cerebral Palsy PAPERBACK out now $14.75
- Cerebral Palsy Gal (KIDS BOOK) PAPERBACK out within 72 hours $5.47
- Cerebral Palsy Gal (KIDS BOOK) shall be a free audiobook narrated by Emma Hurley and it will be available on YouTube soon.
- Living Strong With Cerebral Palsy COMING THIS SUMMER – audiobook with narration by Lilly Canon – price TBA